Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A refreshing change...

President Barack Obama hosted leaders from around the world at the Nuclear Treaty summit last week and I especially appreciated one major change and aspect that the Obama presidency has provided.

Now when I watch the U.S. president at a lectern, at a meeting, at a public event or at anything that requires poise, dignity, and intellect, I don't have to worry about being embarrassed anymore.

When I watched President George W. Bush, at about any moment or function, I always watched with a certain uneasiness, even dread, that he'd say something moronic or otherwise goof it up. Bush was probably good at hosting barbecues and that's about it.

Obama is articulate, prepared, and impressive in his public demeanor. He projects an excellent image for America to the rest of the world. That's refreshing! That's a change worthy of praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment