Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Facebook strikes blog...

For the first time in my life, I ate a persimmon yesterday. (Now if that isn't a line worthy of Facebook, I don't know what is.)

On the other hand, here are some events that I never experienced in 2009 or at any other time:
  • I have never purchased a CD of Christmas songs by Alvin and the Chipmunks.
  • I have never had a pony. I have never had a ponytail.
  • I have never voted for a war president.
  • I have never taken Christ or any Chris that I know out of Christmas.
  • I have never owned a cell phone, a gun, or a hamster.
  • I have never worn a tuxedo, but I did go to the high school prom.
  • I have never been to Disneyland.

Here's what puzzled me about 2009 and I am still seeking answers:

  • How is it that there is a Democratic president and a Democratic majority in Congress and the end result, so far, of the health care reform legislation appears to be the Republican version, with the help of jerks Lieberman, Ben Nelson, and other centrist obstructionists and insurance industry shills? How does that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment