Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Poetry in commotion...

A Sarah Palin poem:

Listen, my children, and you shall hear
of Sarah Palin's version of
the midnight ride of Paul Reverse,
who put his pickup into "R" (for Republican) gear
and sped away backward, with shots so clear,
from guns a-blazing, always first.
He warned the Danish that Americans had guns,
lots of guns, and they would lose.
One, if by land; two, if my sea;
three, if by Fox News.
And he shot a partridge in a pear tree.
Nevermore. Nevermore.

An Anthony Weiner poem:

Everyone's a twitter
for Tony to consider
that sending pictures "obscenie"
makes him quite a wienie.

A poem for politics:

I would rather vote for a lizard than for Newt.
I would rather vote for Abel than for Cain.
I would rather vote for a baseball glove than for Mitt.
I would never vote for Sarah plain.*

* Note: Well, "Palin" didn't rhyme, but both words have the same letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment