Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The approximation of a smile

Facebook as a stock share probably means it will need to become more commercial. Becoming more commercial is why I left eBay and watch less movies and TV. Now it is rare for my e-mail to include a personal letter, but there is a whole herd of commercial spam. I don't tweet because being terse and limited in word count makes sense to me mainly for cussing. My hope for my electronic life is for connecting with others, enjoying creativity, and finding nuggets of knowledge, news, or interesting discussion. Sometimes it is about the search, journey, and discovery. But it is also about having the patience not to de-friend Frankenstein. With a constant fear of being hacked and other sordid technological mysteries and miseries. And the reality is that the electronic world has to contort punctuation in order to offer the approximation of a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment