Sunday, January 2, 2011

Observations, as 2011 begins...

Here are some observations for the new year, also based on the previous year...

The "R" in Republican stands for "rich."

I would have to be insane to vote for a Republican or a Tea Party candidate. Definitely, voting for them is out of the question. If I ever indicate I will, please grab a net and a taser and then get me some mental health assistance quickly.

My biggest problem this year may be trying to find some progressive candidate to support and ultimately vote for. I am not interested in voting for a centrist Democrat just to avoid the alternative of a more conservative candidate. I have done that before, and then never liked the results.

It is not surprising to me that the American economy is down. I went to Wal-Mart recently to purchase a baby gift and could find only one item in all of the large section of the baby items that was made in America. If the country doesn't make anything, then how will it be anything but an importing consumer? It's like Facebook is the new American model of business. Maybe even better as a model is Farmville. For both, people send time and time and more time creating a scrapbook profile or purchasing a fake cow and never produce anything real and substantial that anyone else would want.

If social networking ever becomes financially rewarding, some people will make millions....Well, I guess Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg already has. But not so much for Facebook users yet. Maybe the way to make it work involves advertising. If some company that sells cheese pays a Facebook user to, for example, use the word "cheeseball" in order to entice readers into going out and buying cheeseballs, then you could start seeing notes that read: "Hey cheeseball, I cheeseball am cheeseball so cheeseball ready cheeseball for a cheeseball weekend." Hmmm. I think I have hit upon a new viral, guerrilla advertising approach.

Moment of supreme disappointment: Learning that someone has died and left you their farm. Only to find out that it is their farm on Farmville.

I have already been exercising this new year with two marathons. The Three Stooges marathon was on AMC and the "Twilight Zone" marathon was on the Syfy channel.

The bumps, falls, and mishaps of life would be a lot easier to take if they were accompanied by those Three Stooges-type sound effects.

It is a blessing if your sense of humor is greater than your sense of smell.

The unofficial person of the year 2010 could be Pat Down, the ubiquitous airport security person.

No comments:

Post a Comment